Permanent link to this article: https://siliconmethod.com/diy-tacoma-display-repair-guide/resistor/
"Received the display on Saturday......installation was successful and it lit up just like it was new! I can't thank you enough for what you did. I really appreciate it."
My 2007 Tacoma is no longer covered under the factory warranty and therefore any and all repairs are my sole responsibility. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you on behalf of all the Tacoma owners out there for providing this service for us."
I am really impressed. I knew of your service but left my non-working display in my basement for a few years. I got tired of not knowing which direction I was going (lots of circles) and trying to figure out if I should be wearing a coat. I bit the bullet and boxed up the display with a check and mailed it on Saturday. Received the repaired unit on Thursday. It took me ten minutes to reinstall. I am now so much more informed and there’s not a blank hole staring at me anymore. Thanks SiliconMethods Repairs! Why did I wait so long?
"very excited to have working display again,its been broken for more then a year couldn't afford dealer price, will tell all my friends about you"
"Wow! I am your new biggest fan! I have been without my temp/compass gauge for over 2 years. I had read about the problem with the resistors and how to re-solder them. I took it to an alarm company that finally agreed to do the soldering (good luck in finding a TV repair shop these days – they do not exist!). He tried it – it did not work and I resolved myself to never having it work again – at least not until I won the lottery! "
"The unit arrived Tues. of last week and its working GREAT!
If I ever know of other Tocoma owners with the same problem, I know where to send them!
Thanks for the great and fast service! "
News and Projects
- Remember the Toyota Tundra damaged in California wildfires? Here are some pictures.
- Toyota Tacoma 4×4 Motorhome Conversion
- Toyota TSB and why you can’t easily view them (including your accessory meter)
- How to install an overhead compass / temperature gauge display console
- Why I love LED lighting.
- DIY Tacoma Display repair guide
- Wooden flatbed conversions; and a plywood rack for a Toyota Tacoma!
- Controlling the dimmer on a Toyota overhead display
- the 18 volt rechargable battery blues
- Tacoma brake clicking / ticking sound